Working on building out a team? Hiring a good commercial real estate broker means hiring a good salesperson—not an easy task. We’ve covered a few of the basic questions you should ask when trying to find a great broker, but we thought we’d provide a few more that will also help you determine whether that broker will be a good fit for your team.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to get a deal done.
- When was the last time you made a mistake? What did you do?
- Have you ever taken a substantial risk that failed?
- Tell me about a time when you were misunderstood. What happened? How did you respond, and what were the results?
- Has there ever been a time when your listening skills really paid off, maybe a time when other people missed the key idea in what was being expressed? Tell me about it.
- Give me an example of a time when you developed or recognized new thinking or trends that were helpful to your organization.
- What is your communication style?
- What was the biggest waste of resources in your last job? How did you resolve this?
- Share an example of a problem created for you by someone else. How did you handle it? What were the results?
- Have you done anything over the past year to develop yourself? What was it? How did you go about it?
- What should we ask you that we haven’t already?
What questions would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments!